HBHS Sixth Form
Useful Website Links
Items from the UCAS pre-application toolkit
- Turning the spotlight on yourself
- Thinking of going to uni?
- The UCAS Hub – explore options, compare courses, find open days, follow a simple to-do list and lots more. With all the tools and information you need in one place, this is the perfect starting point for your research.
- Unibuddy – a chance for you to talk to current undergraduates, to find out what studying a particular course or going to university is really like.
- Making the right choices – for Years 12 and 13 students. This presentation gives an overview of the opportunities available and highlights future options, including the benefits of higher education.
- Myth busters handout – there are many myths about higher education. UCAS dispel the top ones in this handout.
- Applying through UCAS – for students who have decided they want to apply to higher education. It highlights where to start, key dates, and also gives an overview of the application and tracking process.
- A guide to the three steps to applying
- Here is a map of UK unis and colleges by region.
- and last (but certainly not least) personal statement do’s and dont’s
Options Post 16
University courses and general information
- Over the coming weeks, the Dame Kelly Holmes Trust will be hosting Unlocking Performance – Bitesize Briefings – a webinar series led by world-class athletes, with a range of topics covering the key attitudes and mindset that drive a world-class team and individual performance.
- Live Medical Student Q&A – Join current Medical students and submit questions on life at Newcastle University via Zoom. Date/Time: 27 May 2020 | 15.00 – 16.00, go to the website to sign up. There is also an instagram option: Instagram Q&A sessions on @nclmedicalsciences
- UCAS Widget
- Info for parents
- Confirmation, Clearing, and Adjustment Guide 2017
- Filling in your UCAS application
- Personal Statements
- UCAS myth busters
- UCAS Higher and Technical Apprenticeships
- UCAS Degree and Professional Apprenticeships
- Times Good University Guide
- Government Education and Learning Guidance
- University and College Open Day Directory
- Durham University Supported Progression Program
- Newcastle University Partners Program
- Northumbria University NU Entry Scheme
- Student Finance England
- Sutton Trust Summer Schools
We would always urge students/parents to access UCAS directly but the below may also be very useful.
University Compare website – a comprehensive university comparison site, offering students resources, tools, student discounts and university stats and rankings.
Clearing website – a website which tells you everything you need to know about Clearing and Adjustment and offers an app which allows you to speak to universities directly.